Year: 2016 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
Centre de la petite enfance Tour à Tour
120, rue Sherbrooke Est
Montréal (Québec) H2X 1C3
Type of institution: Daycare centre for children aged 0 to 5 years.
By sharing innovative practices, creating customized services and a desire to learn, Marie-Êve Thérien works to develop the full potential of the children in her group, her daycare centre and elsewhere.
To motivate children and stimulate their natural curiosity, Marie-Êve Thérien practices active listening and involves them directly in creating their education program. She conveys her values of respect and acceptance of differences, allowing them to develop a positive image of themselves.
Support for child development
- Creates play activities that encourage children to discover the world around them, such as activities on insects.
- Develops customized support plans for children, taking their interests into account while allowing them to face challenges.
- Gives shared reading sessions in which the children must take part by making comments and asking questions.
Commitment to parents, families and the community
- Cofounder of a social economics business aimed at helping children aged 0 to 5 with special needs to better integrate into day care. During its first year of operation, it trained over 270 educators in various learning techniques.
- Creates learning and experience portfolios so that parents can see, in photos, their children's experimentation and stages of development.
- Demonstrates an exemplary ability to work as part of a team and support trainees' skills development.
"She works with her heart and provides constant support to everyone around her – children, parents and fellow educators"
"For all the children she comes in contact with, she will remain an excellent development tutor."
- Date modified: