Year: 2016 – Province: Quebec
Certificate of Achievement Recipient
Centre de la petite enfance du Pic Bois
270, boul. Armand-Frappier
Laval (Québec) H7V 4B4
Type of institution: Daycare centre for children ages 0 to 5 years
For Marie-Ève Gauthier, each child in her group is a bit like her own. Constantly in contact with the parents, she makes sure to meet each child's specific needs, in a playful and reassuring environment.
Her overall vision of the child naturally prompts her to incorporate all aspects of an educator's work. She is concerned both by the learning dynamic and the organization of the premises, themes to be developed, play activities, safety and the development of healthy life habits.
Support for child development
- Directly links her themes and activities for the day to the child's momentary interests and energy level.
- Offers tailor-made activities for each child, based on their needs and abilities.
- Has set up a "motor corner" which is accessible at all times and encourages children to move about at least 30 minutes a day.
Commitment to parents, families and the community
- Makes relevant articles on issues affecting their children available to parents.
- Creates "memory book" type notebooks to preserve children's work during the year, thus facilitating the parents' work.
- Is actively involved in her daycare centre as a member of the Board of Directors, and in the community by organizing group activities with other educators.
"She knows how to put children at ease through a variety of games and activities, allowing them to find the place they deserve. Marie-Ève is an outstanding educator"
"An educator for whom working as an early childhood educator is not just a job, but a real passion."
- Date modified: