Calibration of static liquid volume standards
Static liquid volume standards and hydrometers used by Measurement Canada inspectors and authorized service providers are calibrated for use in the field.
Only standards used by Measurement Canada inspectors and authorized service providers are calibrated by Measurement Canada's laboratories. Standards and apparatus must be authorized and registered with Measurement Canada to qualify for this service.
Gravimetric calibration of "to deliver" liquid volume of:
- Graduated glass cylinders: 10 mL to 2000 mL
- Level 1 open neck provers and test measures: 1 L to 40 L with sight glass or slicker plate design
- Level 1 open neck provers: 40 L to 500 L with sight glass design and bottom drain assembly
Gravimetric calibration of "to contain" liquid volume of:
- Steel stoppered pycnometers: 100 mL to 1000 mL
Volumetric calibration of "to deliver" liquid volume of:
- Level 2 and 3 open neck provers: 20 L to 2500 L
Hydrostatic weighing of:
- Pressure hydrometers (0.470 to 0.510 × 0.0005 g/cm³ or 0.500 to 0.550 × 0.0005 g/cm³, stem diameter up to 17 mm, length up to 370 mm) is performed by the National Research Council (NRC) and corrections for liquefied propane gas are performed by Measurement Canada
- Level 2 and level 3 volume standards are calibrated by Measurement Canada regional offices.
- All other devices are calibrated by Measurement Canada's Approval and Calibration Services Laboratory (ACSL) in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Pressure hydrometers measurements are performed by the NRC and corrections are performed by Measurement Canada's ACSL. These devices must first be submitted to the ACSL.
- Fees do not apply for devices used under the application of the Weights and Measures Act.
- See the service fees for standards calibrations for all other devices.
- GEN-08—Calibration and Tolerance of Standards Not Owned by Measurement Canada
- A-2—Calibrations of Standards and Measuring Apparatus Owned and Used by Authorized Service Providers to Conduct Inspections
- Shipping requirements
- Service standards
- Customer feedback on laboratory services
- Measurement Canada's CLAS certificate
- Date modified: