Strategic Innovation Fund
Resources for Canadian businesses
Managing your business during COVID-19
A simpler, more flexible tool to grow Canada's economy
Making sure that Canada is a top destination for businesses to invest, grow and create jobs and prosperity for Canadians is one of the Government's top priorities. The Strategic Innovation Fund's (SIF) objective is to spur innovation for a better Canada by providing funding for large projects (over $10 million in requested contribution).
The program serves to simplify application processes, accelerate processing, and provide assistance that is more responsive and focused on results. Read more about the program, its objectives and how it benefits Canada.
- Overview of SIF COVID-19 related projects
- News release: The government invests to decarbonize industry (December 17, 2020)
- SIF – Net Zero Accelerator (December 11, 2020)
- Support for innovative businesses (December 11, 2020)
- Funding to advance Canada's countermeasures in the fight against COVID-19 (updated December 8, 2020)
- New project announcements:
- Arch Biopartners Inc. (December 15, 2020)
- ATTAbotics Inc. (December 15, 2020)
- Previous SIF news
in SIF contributions
Total investment leveraged
Jobs created and maintained
(not including indirect, induced, and construction jobs)
The application process for all streams includes submission of a Statement of Interest (SOI) with a high-level overview of the proposed project. Based on the SOI, applicants will be advised whether they should proceed with a full application.
Funding helps support R&D and commercialization, the growth and expansion of firms and the attraction and retention of large scale investments in Canada.
Funding helps support industrial research, development and technology demonstration through collaboration between academia, non-profit organizations and the private sector.
- Date modified: